If you don’t have much time on your hands to prepare lunch or dinner, this easy and nutritious salad might be the recipe for you! It is a quick and easy southwest style salad that we frequently make in the summer.
The salad itself is relatively inexpensive to make. Note, the recipe uses one half of an avocado. Read how to keep the other half fresh here.
Based on what I paid for my own ingredients, it costs about $1 per salad (see below for a cost analysis).
Frugal Cost Analysis:
5 Minute Salad with Easy Homemade Dressing
This easy and delicious green salad is fresh and hearty, and perfect on a warm summer day.
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 ounces canned corn, drained
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Romaine Lettuce
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- Potential Add-Ins: You may want to add crushed tortilla chips (maybe the crumbs from the bottom of the bag), salsa, salt and pepper. You can also add shredded cheese. 🙂
- Combine olive oil, lime juice and dried cilantro to make a quick dressing. (plus salt and pepper, to taste)
- Mix lettuce, tomato, black beans, corn, and avocado together.
- Cover with dressing.
- Add tortilla chips, cheese, and/or salsa, if desired.