James’ previous job required an hour long commute. He often left early in the morning, and he did not have time to sit down for a lengthy breakfast. During this time period, I started making these breakfast muffins on a weekly.
The muffins have just about everything. You get a little maple syrup, oats, cinnamon, peanut butter, and chocolate in every bite. They are quick to make and easy to transport. Win win!
I prefer to make a small batch (about 6 muffins) because they are really only good for a few days. However, this batch can easily be doubled or tripled.
Despite the amount of flavor in these bites, they are relatively inexpensive. My cost analysis (see below) comes out to about $0.28 per muffin. You could always ditch the chocolate chips to save a few cents, but where is the fun in that?
Frugal Cost Analysis:
Small Batch Peanut Butter Oat Bites
These delicious breakfast muffins pack a lot of flavor into every bite. Peanut butter, oats, cinnamon, chocolate...need I say more?
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add egg and oil to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Mix peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla into the mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a muffin/cupcake tin with liners or light grease.
- Fill muffin tin cups about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes. The muffins should be lightly browned.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Small Batch Peanut Butter Oat Breakfast Bites”
These look like something I could make my daughter for when she’s flying out the door in the morning…
Yes. They are perfect when you are on the go. The muffins are pretty light and not overly sweet.
LikeLiked by 1 person
These lool delicious
Thank you! They are. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person