I like fresh lemonade, and we are currently having hot, sunny weather. Unfortunately, we don’t have any lemons in the house. Thankfully, you can make lemonade from lemon juice concentrate that tastes deceptively like the real thing!
I made my lemonade with fresh basil leaves. You can omit the basil, or use a different fresh herb.
Also keep in mind that you can easily tweak this recipe to your liking. If you like really tart lemonade, cut the sugar or add more lemon juice concentrate.
This fresh basil lemonade is easy to make and can be made with lemon juice concentrate.
- 1 cup of ice cold water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice concentrate (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar, or to taste
- 2 basil leaves, optional
- Ice, optional
- Combine water, lemon juice, sugar, and basil leaves in a small blender.
- Blend ingredients until you can no longer see the basil leaves. Note – the lemonade will be frothy from the blending process.
- Add a few ice cubes to a glass. Then, pour the lemonade into a glass. If you do not like the froth, pour carefully or strain. Or, refrigerate the mixture to allow the frothiness to decrease.
- Garnish with a basil leaf if you are feeling festive, and enjoy!