Crispy, salty breakfast potatoes are a key component of a lazy morning breakfast. This recipe combines a few basic spices and seasonings with some oil and a potato. The result is our favorite roasted potatoes.
A few notes:
This recipe is for one generous portion of breakfast potatoes, but can easily be multiplied to create more servings.
I used a yellow potato for this recipe, but I sometimes use russet potatoes. Either is fine. If you use russet potatoes, make sure to peel them first. I do, however, leave the skin on my yellow potatoes.
I use Kosher salt for my roasted potatoes, but you can substitute table salt. Sometimes the Kosher salt will give the potatoes a bit of a gritty texture (which I like), but you may not.
If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you can substitute a different dried herb of your choice. Perhaps parsley or rosemary.
Roasted breakfast potatoes with easy homemade seasoning
These crispy, roasted potatoes are the perfect side dish for a great breakfast. This recipe makes one generous serving, but can easily be multiplied.
- 1 medium yellow potato with the skin (or a medium peeled russet potato)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika powder (sweet)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt (or table salt)
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dice potatoes into quarter cubes.
- Combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Add olive oil to the bowl and mix until a runny paste forms.
- Add diced potatoes to spice mix and toss until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread potatoes on baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 25-30 minutes in oven. Check halfway through and flip.
- Enjoy! (I eat mine with tomato ketchup)